Strange range queries return values

Alin Popa alin.popa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 08:36:28 EST 2012

Hi guys,

We were using recently the range queries (like in this example:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.riak.user/5995, but no mapreduce).
If doing exactly that example, the return values are what I've expected:

curl -X GET "
http://127.0.0.1:8198/buckets/range-bucket/index/\$key/key1/key2"
{"keys":["key2","key1"]}

BUT

when adding more objects than ten (first key is 'key0', last key is
'key10') and running the query (exactly the same query as above), I'm
getting back:
{"keys":["key10","key2","key1"]}

curl -X GET "http://127.0.0.1:8198/buckets/test-bucket/keys?keys=true"
{"keys":["key7","key0","key8","key4","key2","key10","key3","key9","key6","key1","key5"]}

What's happening there, as it doesn't seems to return what I would expect ?
Am I missing something ? There is some wiki page where I can find more
details on these range queries ?

Thanks,
Alin