Announcing RICON2012

Thomas Santero tsantero at basho.com
Mon Jul 16 17:19:48 EDT 2012

All,

Earlier today Basho announced that in October we're throwing our first
annual developer conference. We're calling it RICON 2012[1], and the goal
is to put on a two day event that caters to developers working in, with and
around distributed systems. While Riak will be a primary focus, we've
invited several select speakers whose reputations and work in distributed
systems procceed them.

This two-day event will take place at the W Hotel on Oct 10 - 11 (Wed and
Thurs). RICON will feature two tracks consisting of about 20 talks in
total, featuring speakers such as Dana Contreras, Gary Flake, Joseph
Hellerstein as well as various engineers from Basho.

Sadly, we know that not everyone in the community can be in San Francisco
for the event. Rest assured that we'll be taking special care to record
everything that happens, and if possible we plan to live stream most, if
not all, the talks.

We hope to see you in San Francisco for RICON later this year, and thank
you for making Riak what it is today.

Tom

[1] http://basho.com/community/ricon2012/
--