riak control ring-view

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Jun 1 09:05:56 EDT 2012

Hey Theo,

On Jun 1, 2012, at 7:12, Theo Bot <theo.bot at proxy.nl> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm fairly new to riak. However I managed to setup a 5 node riak cluster on 5 centos servers. But when I look at the ring view in riak-control I see much more. Like 65.
>
> Can someone please explain?

Congrats on getting that cluster up and running. May it grow well past 5 nodes. :)

The ring view shows the number of partitions and which ip owns them (which by default = 64) Conversely, the Cluster page will show only the physical nodes.

Check out the Riak Control page on the wiki [1] and the Clustering information on the wiki [2] for more information on Control and how partitions work, respectively.

Hope that helps.

Mark
twitter.com/pharkmillups

[1] http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Control.html