bucket level authentication

Dietrich Featherston dietrich.featherston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:51:41 EDT 2012

Suggest implementing security outside of riak. The interface to applications which use riak for storage should not be riak-dependent. In addition, it would be wise to avoid exposing storage-level details like bucket choice in the security model for your applications.

For more details in why riak should not be exposed to the internet, if that was in fact the intention, read this:

http://aphyr.com/posts/224-do-not-expose-riak-to-the-internet