Node will not leave cluster

David Greenstein dave at kibits.com
Wed Jun 6 10:26:17 EDT 2012

I've issued the riak-admin leave command on one of my nodes but it does not seem to ever leave the cluster of 4 nodes. I've opened up all firewall ports to make sure the repartitioning isn't being blocked. riak-admin status on all nodes shows the node in question it is still connected and a ring_member. If I issue the riak-admin leave command again the error states the node is already in the process of leaving. I've made sure no clients are connecting to the node that left as well. I'm also still seeing bit cast Merge log messages in the console.log of the node that left.

Has anyone experienced this issue and have some clues as to possible causes?

Thank you!
Dave Greenstein