devrel remote ip help

Marv Lush marv_lush at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 15:09:15 EDT 2012

Tried setting up a riak 4 node dev cluster on an EC2 box today per the instructions.

Seems to work fine for any requests to 127.0.0.1 However, when I try to remote in (from my desktop to the EC2 box)...I get no response.

I assume this is because I need to configure app.config and vm.args with something like:

{http, [ {"<remote.ip>", <some.port> } ]},

-name devN@<remote.ip>

respectively....instead of 127.0.0.1. However, when I made modifications to the required files...by using my EC2 box's elastic IP, and I try to start...it just sits there and hangs...

Is there some secret sauce needed to get the dev environment working with remote IP's?

thanks.

/m