devrel remote ip help

Swinney, Austin Austin at vimeo.com
Tue Jun 12 16:00:21 EDT 2012

Hi Marv,

I don't recall having your problem specifically, but if it happened to me, I would ask myself:

* did you reip your node using `riak-admin reip`?

* on ec2, is your security group configured to allow inbound and outbound traffic within the security group?

Also, by 'hangs' I guess you mean you never got to the wait complete message in /var/log/riak/console.log :

2012-06-12 15:58:58.199 [info] <0.18466.349>@riak_core:wait_for_service:416 Waiting for service riak_kv to start (0 seconds)
2012-06-12 15:58:58.296 [info] <0.18460.349>@riak_core:wait_for_application:390 Wait complete for application riak_kv (0 seconds)