riak_core nodes on Heroku?

Samuel Elliott sam at lenary.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 07:33:53 EDT 2012

Thinking further on this problem, Heroku provides an add-on system
that could be helpful.

If we could build a suitable distribution system that we can host
remotely to heroku, but that would work (and perhaps not even rely on
IP addresses, instead relying on app/dyno ids), then I think we might
be able to solve this. Assuming we could deploy it to ec2, then the
latency wouldn't be *so* awful, and most other problems could be
solved.

That said, I don't know how happy erlang would be with us configuring
its distribution via environment variables, and whether we could build
something so that people can test distribution locally.

I will start taking a look at the possibility of doing this, but don't
hold your breath.

Sam

--
Samuel Elliott