Riak backups

Guido Medina lic_gma at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:48:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

If I might add up to it, I would like to know specifically what would be
a proper way to have a replication site of a cluster, it seems to me it
is easier to backup the replicated site than the cluster itself.

We replicate using a Java scheduled job but it requires us to mark each
key with an specific index (lets say; the version of the key), so we
know what version we were left at on the previous copy and then we
continue where we were before to the current-1 version.

If we could replicate the cluster in a sort of a site-to-site
replication, increasingly, then I would think it will be the perfect
solution as it will be way easier to backup from the replicated site.

Guido.