Riak Recap for March 5 - 13

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Mar 14 18:04:58 EDT 2012

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

Back to regularly-scheduled Recaps: blog posts, videos, parties, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com/Riak.html
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-------------------------------------

Riak Recap for March 5 - 13
====================

1) We're doing a Riak talk and Drinkup in Vancouver (in a few hours).

* Details here --->
http://basho.com/blog/technical/2012/03/14/Riak-Talk-and-Drinkup-Tonight-In-Vancouver/

2) Mathias Meyer and Josh Kalderimis were on The Changelog talking about
Travis CI and Riak.

* Listen here --->
http://thechangelog.com/post/18847458083/episode-0-7-5-travis-ci-riak-and-more-with-josh-kalderim

3) The recording of the Riak 1.1 Webinar that we did a few weeks ago is
online and viewable. (This will be posted properly on the blog later this
week but I wanted to make sure the early adopters had early access.)

* Watch here ---> http://vimeo.com/38345486

4) Another reminder about Andrew Thompson's upcoming Riak talk at Buffalo
Ruby Group on March 20th.

* Details here ---> www.meetup.com/Western-New-York-Ruby/events/51549782/

5) Basho, Joyent, Voxer, and Yammer at throwing a huge party on March 29th
(during Erlang Factory). If you're planning to be in/around San Francisco,
you should be here.

* Details here ---> http://info.basho.com/bashobash.html

6) Simon Buckle published the first in a two part series for IBM
developerWorks on Riak. Thanks, Simon!

* Read here --->
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-riak1/index.html

7) Rackspace has a great overview of Erlang up on their blog. Riak and
Webmachine both get nice mentions.

* Read here --->
http://www.rackspace.com/blog/overview-of-the-erlang-programming-language

8) I wanted to pass along a congratulations to the Posterous team on
joining Twitter. Julio and Team - Make sure you bring your Riak with you. :)

* Blog post about the acquisition here --->
http://blog.posterous.com/big-news
* Details on Posterous' Riak usage (for those of you who haven't seen it)
--->
http://basho.com/blog/technical/2012/01/30/Riak-in-Production-at-Posterous-Riak-Control-Preview/