licenses (was Re: riakkit, a python riak object mapper, has hit beta!(

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Thu Mar 1 22:29:07 EST 2012

Hi, Andrey.

On Mar 1, 2012, at 10:18 PM, "Andrey V. Martyanov" <realduke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for GPL, it's a typo. I just don't like GPL-based licenses, including LGPL. I think it's overcomplicated.

You are of course free to dislike anything you wish, but it is worth mentioning that GPL and LGPL are very different licenses; the LGPL is missing infectious aspects of the GPL.

There are many projects which could not use GPL code compatibly with their preferred license but which can safely use LGPL code.

Justin