True HA for RiakClient

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:21:38 EST 2012

Howdy Philip,

This behavior varies from client to client. When a client doesn't support load balancing, many people have taken to using HAProxy or nginx to spread the load across an entire cluster. I believe OJ Reeves wrote an article long ago about this very subject. You can find it over at http://buffered.io/posts/webmachine-erlydtl-and-riak-part-2/

I found another one over here: http://blog.dloh.org/Riak,-haproxy,-and-client-side-applications

I hope this helps!

---
Jeremiah Peschka, Managing Director, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
Microsoft SQL Server MVP