Is Riak the right software for me?

Philip flips01 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 12:00:40 EST 2012

A memory based caching layer will be added to the frontends so the hot
files won't really be a problem. I just mentioned it because the
memory layer might fail and result in increased use of the data
source.

However, I am still not sure if it is possible to use MapReduce to get
a ordered list of the last accessed objects within a bucket. And the
vclock consistency check shouldn't be performed for certain requests.
I don't update any items and if so it wouldn't be a problem if an
outdated version would be served for a short period of time. It simply
consumes too much ressources if you are dealing with larger objects.