Storing large collections.

Eric Siegel siegel.eric at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:09:17 EST 2012

Originally, I had planned to map each of my items to their own key.
This was foolish as I estimate that I'll have around 6 billion keys, and
this simply won't fit into memory.

My next plan of attack is store a collection of items to a given key,
approximately 1million keys each with 6000 values.

I was wondering how much performance will degrade as the value size gets
larger.  Also, I'm worried about
having to merge the new value into the collection.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem and perhaps some advice?

eric