Storing large collections.

Eric Siegel siegel.eric at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 23:47:50 EST 2012

> > My next plan of attack is store a collection of items to a given key,
> approximately 1million keys each with 6000 values.
>
> This sounds cumbersome.

Yes, it is true that I will have to deal with a whole bunch of sibling
resolution and merging, but on the plus side, doing
range queries on a collection will be much faster.  This is all assuming
that the value sizes don't become so big that
fetching the collection takes a long time.

Can the values be compressed on disk?  If so that a 2mb value might not be
insanely terrible.

eric