riak_core app using riak_kv

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Tue Mar 6 08:09:47 EST 2012

Adam,

We are also using local_client to run a riak_core app together with riak_kv in the same cluster.
Unless you have compelling reasons to do go this route, it might be better to split the two into separate clusters. You gain a lot of flexibility from an operational point of view, with the ability to spec and manage the two separately.
Not knowing details of your application, I cannot really comment any further, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Mihai