Problems writing objects to an half full bucket

Alexander Sicular siculars at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:26:55 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 10:19 AM, David Smith wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM, Marco Monteiro <marco at textovirtual.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm using riak-js and the error I get is:
>>
>> { [Error: socket hang up] code: 'ECONNRESET' }
>
> That is a strange error -- are there any corresponding errors in
> server logs? I would have expected a timeout or some such...

That is a standard network error in nodejs that bubbles up the stack. Same sort of error you get in the redis nodejs library when you cant connect to redis. It's a connection thing. Riak-js library is set to connect to the default riak port on localhost. If that has changed or the service is down you'll get that sort of error.

-alexander