Blog riak design

Buri Arslon buriwoy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:07:58 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm very new to NoSQL/KV database systems. Sean's webinar "Schema Design
for Riak" http://vimeo.com/17604126 gave me some idea about how to move to
kv database, but I feel I need some more advice/docs to fully grasp this
new concept for me.

I was thinking about developing a blog application using Riak. Which schema
would be most effective for that kind of application (regular blog: content
+ comments):

  bucket_blogs -> blog content;
  bucket_blogs_comments -> comments for the blogs in the bucket_blogs

or,

  bucket_blogs -> JSON("blog": <<blog content>>, "comments": <<comments>>)?

 The second option seems less effective if number of comments grow
significantly. But I'm not sure. Any hints? Ideas?

Thanks!
-- Buriwoy