Riak problems on Ubuntu (novice user)

Aphyr aphyr at aphyr.com
Tue Mar 6 17:05:14 EST 2012

First, for security reasons, don't run Riak on a public IP. Access it
through an application proxy, a VPN, or an SSH tunnel if you need.

Second, when you change the name of a node, you need to run

riak-admin reip riak at my.old.ip riak at my.new.ip

... to update the ring file with the new node name. Only change the name
and reip when the node is not running. You can also just delete
/var/lib/riak/ring if you don't care about the data on the node.

--Kyle