riak-python-client2, a rewrite of the official client

Shuhao Wu admin at thekks.net
Sun Mar 11 15:31:50 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

I've been working with riak and python for the past couple of months, and
I'm at the point where I'm ready to completely reimplement
riak-python-client. So.. I did/started. The project is hosted on github and
under the same apache 2 license as the original client.

https://github.com/ultimatebuster/riak-python-client2

Couple of key highlights right now:

 1. 2 layers of API, a very basic layer (Transports), which handles
communicating with the server, and a high level API, which consists of
Bucket, Object, and so on.
 2. Eliminated things like `set_` and `get_`. Made them just variables
where possible

I'm still taking suggestions for how to reimplement RiakObject (now called
RObject). Any feedback will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Shuhao