conditional gets from java client?

Russell Brown russelldb at basho.com
Wed Mar 14 16:25:40 EDT 2012

Hi Sam,
Sorry for the slow reply, this sort of flew past me and I only just caught up now.

On 14 Mar 2012, at 02:44, Sam Perman wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm just starting my exploration of riak and was wondering if it is possible to use the java client to issue a conditional get based on etag ( If-None-Match ).  If so, can I do it with the http client or do I need to drop down a level to the raw client?

Short answer, no. FetchObject (returned from a call to Bucket.store) exposes the modifiedSince property of the APIs (vclock for PB and date for HTTP) but not if-None-Match. It would be a small thing to add. I'm *really* unhappy with that class anyway since it has methods that only apply to a specific transport, something I've tried very hard to avoid.

If you need the feature now you will need to set the headers using the http.RiakClient right at the bottom of the stack[1], if you can wait, please open a GitHub issue and we'll get the feature added pretty quickly.

Cheers

Russell

[1] http://basho.github.com/riak-java-client/1.0.4/com/basho/riak/client/http/request/RequestMeta.html#setIfNoneMatch(java.lang.String)