Riak Recap for March 14 - 15

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Mar 16 16:52:08 EDT 2012

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

This Recap is coming to you live from Clojure/West in San Jose. If you're
here and haven't told me yet, get in touch.

For today's: new meetups, new code, drinkups in New York City, some jobs,
and more.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com/Riak.html
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for March 14 -  15
======================

1) We announced a new Riak Meetup in Leeds! The first installment will
happen on April 18th and will feature Basho Hacker (and Leeds-local)
Russell Brown and Brightbox Developer John Leach (though it's unclear if
he'll be bringing his dog).

* Details and RSVP here --->
http://www.meetup.com/Leeds-Riak/events/56443672

2) Something for all our coffee fans out there: @voluntas tweeted a picture
of what looks like a latte with the Basho logo stenciled on top. (This is
awesome, by the way!)

* Picture here --->
https://twitter.com/#!/voluntas/status/177773458288156673

3) The team at Thoughtworks released their latest Technology Radar report.
Riak was highlighted in a few spots.

* Details here ---> http://www.thoughtworks.com/radar
* Direct PDF here --->
http://thoughtworks.fileburst.com/assets/thoughtworks-tech-radar-march-2012-us-color.pdf

4) David Dawson and Marcus Kern gave a presentation at QCon London last
week called NoSQL for the Masses. They talk a lot about Riak. :)

* Presentation PDF here --->
http://qconlondon.com/dl/qcon-london-2012/slides/DavidDawson_and_MarcusKern_ApplicationsForMassAudienceParticipationNotOnlyNoSQL.pdf

5) For those of you who are in/around New York City, Basho and Etsy are
putting on Drinkup at reBar in Brooklyn on March 20. Come out and have a
drink on us.

* Details here --->
http://basho.com/blog/technical/2012/03/16/Drinkup-with-Etsy-on-March-20/

# Jobs

1) The team at Voxer is hiring for some exciting positions (and in case you
hadn't heard, they have one of the biggest Riak clusters around).

* Voxer Jobs here ---> http://voxer.theresumator.com/

2) Brenden Grace made it known on Twitter that he's hiring remote hackers
to work with Riak and a few other cool pieces of tech.

* More details here --->
https://twitter.com/#!/brendengrace/status/180619219921158144