High Swap Utilization of Riak

Daniil Churikov ddosia at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:20:23 EDT 2012

I could confirm this, my 2-node cluster have leveledb backend and high write
intensity. After about half of hour it consume all RAM and begins slow down.
I use etop to diagnose which erlang process holds the memory and didnt findt
it. Thought htop says that all memory splitted between beam processes.
Triyed differnet leveldb tweaks, doesnt change this behaviour. Riak was
installed from official x64 deb package and got 1.1.1 version. Also I test
this on my fedora box, and this is reproducible.
Btw, riak conrol web gui also says that my riak consume about 2% of memory,
while all memory is holded by beam.