Substring Search

Hursh Prasad hursh at theeggofcolumbus.com
Sun Mar 25 23:56:20 EDT 2012

Yes I would like a similar setup as well and checked into ElasticSearch, I
am searching on short phrases less then 200 characters I do not want to
miss trailing words in compound words like ball in basketball.

It seems the only option I have is SQL databases that support regular
expressions (please correct me if I am wrong).

I think that is unfortunate, I prefer the performant index/querying,
replication ease, and non-impedance of JSON document store capability of
NoSql db's.

Hursh

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM, John D. Rowell <me at jdrowell.com> wrote:

> We use ElasticSearch for everything search related, even when the
> persistence layer happens in Riak, Redis or MongoDB. If you're using JSON
> to store your Riak documents it's just a matter of storing the documents on
> ElasticSearch also (also HTTP/JSON, with a REST API) and you get fully
> clustered, sharded, cloud-aware, extremely fast Lucene-compatible searches
> with very little effort.
>
> -jd
>
> Em 25 de março de 2012 17:28, Hursh Prasad <hursh at theeggofcolumbus.com>escreveu:
>
>> Yeah I am talking Riak Search, I did not see anything or any approaches.
>>
>> It seems like there isn't a good NoSQL solution out there.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Erik Søe Sørensen <ess at trifork.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Are you talking about plain Riak, or using secondary indexes, or of Riak
>>> Search?
>>>
>>> The question makes most sense in context of Riak Search.
>>> If the page
>>>  http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Querying.html
>>> is up-to-date, then the answer appears to be 'no' - wildcards (*,?) are
>>> supported, but
>>>    "Currently, the wildcard must come at the end of the term in both
>>> cases."
>>> i.e. only prefix queries can be used, not queries of arbitrary