newbie data modeling questions

Daniil Churikov ddosia at gmail.com
Tue May 1 04:04:53 EDT 2012

Currently we build similar system for storing different timeserialized data
and do almost all as you discribe. But there is could be some logical
problems with dynamicly created buckets. Maybe will be better to take first
part of key as mac address, and the second part is timestamp, like
{<<"devices_bucket">>, <<"001122AABBCC-0001-timestampgoeshere">>}. Then you
could make queries like "give me all events with all devices from time1 to
time2(in case if mac+id will be fixed size)", or "give me all events for
device with mac = 001122AABBCC-0001 from time1 to time2". Also we use new
riak pipes as a mr on steroids, pretty awesome.