Replicated buckets across datacenters

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Tue May 1 11:56:35 EDT 2012

Hey Carlos

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Carlo Pires <carlopires at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just heard that riak could have the ability to create replicated buckets
> across datacenters in enterprise version.
>
> This is true.

> Can I use replicated buckets like in cassandra column families with
> network topology strategies? How could I find more information about this
> feature?

Riak EDS (which is the fancy name for the Riak distro that includes the
N-way datacenter replication code) works differently than Cassandra in this
respect. People running EDS set up complete clusters in N datacenters that
are all actively participating in cluster activities. Conversely,
Cassandra's network topology strategies work because they spread one
cluster over N datacenters (last time I checked).

Feel free to shoot me an email off list if you want to more info about EDS.

Mark