Reip(ing) riak node created two copies in the cluster

Nitish Sharma sharmanitishdutt at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:57:32 EDT 2012

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your input. I've already started working on that lines.
I stopped all the nodes, moved ring directory from one node, brought that one up, and issued join command to one other node (after moving the ring directory) - node2. While they were busy re-distributing the partitions, I started another node (node3) and issued join command (before risk_kv was running, since it takes some time to load existing data).
But after this, data handoffs are occurring only between node1 and node2. "member_status" says that node 3 owns 0% of the ring and 0% are pending.
We have a lot of data - each node serves around 200 million documents. Riak cluster is running 1.1.2.
Any suggestions?

Cheers
Nitish