Riak Join is Screwed Up

Rebecca Meritz rebecca.meritz at klarna.com
Thu May 3 03:05:01 EDT 2012

I figured out a way to fix the problem. But I don't understand why the
solution works.

Before A sent a join request to B and then B to C and the second request
failed.

Now A sends a join request to B and then C to B and the second
request succeeds.

Must a node that is the only member of its cluster always ask to join the
larger cluster for the request to succeed? Why is this?

Thanks,
Rebecca