ring_creation_size

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at eye.fi
Thu May 10 17:08:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

I attended the Riak Workgroup yesterday in San Francisco.  First off,
thanks to Basho for hosting the discussion.  My colleague and I both
found it immensely useful.

Part of the discussion around partition size was about chosing a good
ring_creation_size.  We learned that 64 is the default, and also that
the default setting is "probably too small for production."  I quickly
logged into my riak nodes to check our setting and was disappointed to
see that the default setting is a "silent" default meaning the variable
ring_creation_size does not appear in the app.config file at all.  We've
installed the riak-1.1.2-1.el6.x86_64 RPM under CentOS6.

Can the maintainers of this RPM please make sure to include the
ring_creation_size in the config?

Thanks.

-D