Bucket properties "reset" to the default

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Sat May 19 13:12:57 EDT 2012

Steve,

Any bucket properties you set via the client interfaces are stored in the
ring structure and should persist independent of any data in the cluster.
Be careful that when you are clearing session data that you are not also
clearing the ring files.

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Steve Warren <swarren at myvest.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have configured Riak to store sessions in a separate bitcask backend
> which has an expiration set. What I observe though is that when all
> sessions are expired (overnight), the properties I set on the bucket revert
> to the default bucket properties. Is there a way to make these bucket
> properties permanent without making them the default for the entire cluster?
>
> Regards

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Software Engineer
Basho Technologies, Inc.