Solr Indexing and required fields.

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:43:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Ryan Zezeski <rzezeski at basho.com> wrote:

> There has been some internal discussion about not deprecating/killing the
> solr emulation but instead moving it off into it's own layer/application
> that sits atop Riak.  I thought you should know.

Is there - or could there be - an efficient way to grow/expire indexes
for time-related items like news articles where you would generally
want the results listed newest-first?   Like being able to start new
indexes at a rate where the size makes sense, having way to tell the
server to merge the results to cover some timespan, and being able to
expire by just dropping old indexes as they age without having to
rewrite anything.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com