Solr Indexing and required fields.

Kevin Hill virtual.khill at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:44:44 EDT 2012

On 05/21/2012 11:02 AM, Ryan Zezeski wrote:
> There has been some internal discussion about not deprecating/killing
> the solr emulation but instead moving it off into it's own
> layer/application that sits atop Riak.  I thought you should know.
>
> -Z

Interesting.  I built something like that as a prototype - using Lucene
libraries in Java to index data in Riak and store the Riak keys as part
of the indexed documents.

The prototype involved storing product data in Riak and retrieving it
directly via key (based on unique SKU identifier) or performing complex
queries on product data in Lucene and loading data based on the Riak
keys in the search results.

Is that the same type of functionality you're talking about?

- khill