Riak crashed with MANIFEST not found

Nam Nguyen nam at tinyco.com
Tue May 29 12:20:19 EDT 2012

Thank you very much Justin.

Here's another command to hopefully speed up the handoff process.

On any of the node, attach to Erland console, then:

rp([{N, rpc:call(N, application, get_env, [riak_core, handoff_concurrency])} || N <- [node() | nodes()]]).

This command will show the current handoff_concurrency number. The result could be:

[{'riak at 10.20.2.243',{ok,1}},
 {'riak at 10.20.2.242',{ok,1}},
 {'riak at 10.20.2.244',{ok,1}},
 {'riak at 10.20.2.245',{ok,1}}]

Then, to change handoff_concurrency to, say, 4, issue this command:

rp(rpc:multicall([node() | nodes()], application, set_env, [riak_core, handoff_concurrency, 4])).

Justin was very helpful to guide me along the process. He showed me those commands. Thanks again, Justin!

Cheers,
Nam