[ANN] Riak 1.2.1 Release Candidate

Jared Morrow jared at basho.com
Wed Oct 3 17:31:36 EDT 2012

Riak Users,

It has been a while since our 1.2.0 release and we have all been hard at
work on new features for the next major release as well as bug fixes and
performance enhancements to Riak 1.2.  Today we'd like to make available
Riak 1.2.1rc2.  As we always say, this it is a release candidate so we
believe it to be production ready in quality, but we do encourage you to
use it on test clusters until 1.2.1 final ships.  Due to the majority of
Basho employees being at Ricon [1] next week, we expect 1.2.1 final to ship
sometime following Ricon.  Until then, if you try 1.2.1rc2 and find any
issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.

You can find the changes for 1.2.1 in the Release Notes here:
https://github.com/basho/riak/blob/1.2/RELEASE-NOTES.md

You can find the packages on our downloads page here:
http://basho.com/resources/downloads/

Navigate to Riak -> 1.2 -> 1.2.1rc2 as CURRENT is still set to 1.2.0 while
1.2.1 is in RC mode.

Thanks for being the best community around,

-Basho

[1] http://basho.com/community/ricon2012/