riak-erlang segfault

Martin Woods mw2134 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:57:45 EDT 2012

Hi Evan - below you state:

"The first thing that strikes me is that you have HIPE enabled on your
erlang, and the version isn't the one we build with.  This isn't
something riak is usually happy with"

So if we build Riak from source we MUST use R15B01 (and not R15B02?!) and
MUST disable Hipe? Why? Isn't Hipe normally on by default? What problems
does it cause Riak? Is the need to disable Hipe mentioned anywhere?

Regards,
Martin.