riak-erlang segfault

Tomas Charvat tc at excello.cz
Tue Oct 9 11:46:11 EDT 2012

We have manage to fix mentioned segfault byt disabling sysfs restriction
in hardened Gentoo kernel.
It has fixed segfault issues.

        Sysfs/debugfs restriction

/Configuration option: CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT/
If you say Y here, sysfs (the pseudo-filesystem mounted at /sys) and any
filesystem normally mounted under it (e.g. debugfs) will only be
accessible by root. These filesystems generally provide access to
hardware and debug information that isn't appropriate for unprivileged
users of the system. Sysfs and debugfs have also become a large source
of new vulnerabilities, ranging from infoleaks to local compromise.

There has been very little oversight with an eye toward security
involved in adding new exporters of information to these filesystems, so
their use is discouraged.

This option is equivalent to a chmod 0700 of the mount paths.

cheers
Tomas