Riak JAVA Client Performance

Pavel Kogan pavel.kogan at cortica.com
Wed Oct 10 00:18:52 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have Riak cluster consisting of 5 nodes that contains about 30 millions
of keys (35% of capacity according to Riak Control).
Currently we have single JAVA client reading and writing records to same
node. I need some tips, how to use the client efficiently
to reach maximal throughput - I would like to be able to read/write up to
100 records/sec on 1Gbit network. Currently I get a lot
of JAVA socket exceptions after a while (even for the much slower rate - 10
records/sec), after which I  need to restart client and node.

Thanks,
   Pavel

P.S: My client using 50 threads and pbc client is created
and shut-downed per request.