Riak JAVA Client Performance

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Wed Oct 10 08:13:57 EDT 2012

That question has been answered few times, here is my old answer:

Hi,

   It is the Java client which to be honest, doesn't handle well one node
going down, so, for example, in my company we use HA proxy for that, here is
a starting configuration:https://gist.github.com/1507077

   Once we switched to HA proxy we just use a simple client without cluster
config, so the Java client doesn't know anything about the load balancing
going on. It works well, I can upgrade and restart servers without our Java
application be complaining.

Regards,

Guido.