Scoring in riak-search

Niklas Saers njs at trifork.com
Wed Oct 10 09:44:01 EDT 2012

Hi guys,
I've enabled Riak Search on my Riak 1.2.0-1 ring, put a schema on a bucket and pumped some data into it.

When I do a search, I receive a responseHeader that has a maxScore. That's great, but the score for the individual documents doesn't show. How do I get the score for the individual documents listed in my search? I want to use this to display to my users 1-5 stars of how well they matched.

Secondly, if I add a postfix * to any of my search terms, it searches fine, but maxScore says 0.00000e+0. Why is this?

And finally, if I add a weight after my postfix *, i.e. ^5, I get "Unable to parse request: {badmatch, {error, { lucene_parse, "syntax error before: 5.0" } } }  Why is this? As far as I can understand from the docs, a query such as "title:listening*^5" should be fine?

Med Venlig Hilsen / With Kind Regards

Niklas Saers

Mobile: + 45 20 72 77 00 | E-mail: njs at trifork.com<mailto:njs at trifork.com> | Skype: njstrifork
Trifork A/S   |  Margrethepladsen 4  | DK- 8000 Aarhus C  |  Phone: + 45 8732 8787  |  www.trifork.com<http://www.trifork.com/>