Re: Re: Riak performance problems when LevelDB database grows beyond 16GB

Jan.Evangelista at seznam.cz Jan.Evangelista at seznam.cz
Tue Oct 16 06:17:44 EDT 2012

You are right! Riak was killed by the oom killer on all nodes except the one I was looking at.

Oct 14 18:34:01 gr-node03 kernel: [ pid ]   uid  tgid total_vm      rss cpu oom_adj oom_score_adj name
Oct 14 18:34:01 gr-node03 kernel: [31808]   106 31808  5178811  3884730   0       0             0 beam.smp
Oct 14 18:34:01 gr-node03 kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 31808 (beam.smp) score 955 or sacrifice child

(I found that the node I was looking at was made temporarily unreachable by a hosting provider's configuration error and then restarted.)

Thanks, Jan