MapReduce questions

Callixte Cauchois ccauchois at virtuoz.com
Tue Oct 16 14:03:47 EDT 2012

Hi there,

as part of my evaluation of Riak, I am looking at the M/R capabilities and
I have several questions:
1/ the doc states that " Riak MapReduce is intended for batch processing,
not real-time querying." But as of now, you always get the results and
cannot automatically store them in a bucket like you would do with MongoDB
for example. Is taht something that is on the roadmap?
2/ Basho blog has two articles from last year on Hadoop on top of Riak. Is
this project still live? It is on github, so I can always dig it up and
work on it, but I am wondering if there is something like Yokozuna for
Hadoop integration.

Thanks.
C.