Scoring in riak-search

Niklas Saers njs at trifork.com
Wed Oct 17 03:48:02 EDT 2012

Hi Ryan,

Thank you very much for your response. :-)

On Oct 15, 2012, at 6:37 PM, Ryan Zezeski <rzezeski at basho.com<mailto:rzezeski at basho.com>> wrote:
When I do a search, I receive a responseHeader that has a maxScore. That's great, but the score for the individual documents doesn't show. How do I get the score for the individual documents listed in my search? I want to use this to display to my users 1-5 stars of how well they matched.
This is a bug in the Solr-like interface to Riak Search.  It discards the score when building the response.

Is this a bug that is planned to be fixed, or will it go away when your new search solution comes online?

For the last few months I've been working on a new search solution for Riak that uses Solr directly [2].  That is, unlike Riak Search which pretends to look like Solr it actually is Solr underneath.  Queries like the above, plus many more, are supported.  I know that doesn't help your current situation but if you want to learn more feel free to contact me on a backchannel.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :-)

Med Venlig Hilsen / With Kind Regards

Niklas Saers

Mobile: + 45 20 72 77 00 | E-mail: njs at trifork.com<mailto:njs at trifork.com> | Skype: njstrifork
Trifork A/S   |  Margrethepladsen 4  | DK- 8000 Aarhus C  |  Phone: + 45 8732 8787  |  www.trifork.com<http://www.trifork.com/>