bad jackson performance in riak-java-client

Guido Medina guido.medina at temetra.com
Wed Oct 17 09:24:40 EDT 2012

I see I'm not the only one that spot it, I have insisted several times
to upgrade Jackson libraries to version 1.9.9 and later to 1.9.10 with
no avail, I'm not sure how important it is for Riak java client team to
keep the POM healthy. That's why we keep our Riak java client copy,
merge from master and keep our customized changes.

And yes, indeed, there is noticeable performance, scanning dependency by
dependency and check what they have fixed should be a periodic task to
keep the project healthy. Specially for Jackson where for many is the
core of the schema-less concept (POJO-to-JSON and JSON-to-POJO)

Regards,

Guido.