riak-erlang segfault

Evan Vigil-McClanahan emcclanahan at basho.com
Wed Oct 17 12:10:02 EDT 2012

Sorry, Martin, I had a reply-all failure.  My reply to Tomas read:

I was incorrect: the HIPE issue only bites is on Solaris and FreeBSD.
That said: we don't test with HIPE on, so for the things that we know
about riak to be maximally useful to you, I generally suggest that
people build using the same configurations as we do.

I'll make sure that the docs get updated, and I've let our build
manager know about the wrinkle for hardened kernels.  Unfortunately we
don't support any right now, so it might be a bit before anything gets
done.

If you'd open an issue here: https://github.com/basho/node_package,
it'd be more likely to get addressed.

Of course, having said that, I haven't gotten the docs updated:

https://github.com/basho/basho_docs/issues/27