reconfigure Riak w/o restarting the node?

Sebastian Cohnen sebastian.cohnen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:44:02 EDT 2012

Hey list,

I'd like to reconfigure the bitcask merge_window. But I'd like to avoid to restart the nodes. I have no particular restriction, why I cannot restart the riak process, but I'd like to know if and how this would work.

Reading some riak/bitcask code I'd say that I just have to attach to riak and issue: application:set_env(bitcask, merge_window, {23, 3}). My question is, is this the way to go? Is it safe to run this and to change this setting while the system is running?

Best

Sebastian