Can Bitcask expiry_secs vary between backends?

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu Apr 4 02:43:45 EDT 2013

Hi,
Can we set Bitcask's expiry_secs value to be different per backend, in a
Multi-backend scenario?

Eg.

{multi_backend, [
     {<<"bitcask_short_ttl">>,  riak_kv_bitcask_backend, [
         {expiry_secs, 3600},       %% Expire items after one hour
         {expiry_grace_time, 600}
     ]},
     {<<"bitcask_long_ttl">>,  riak_kv_bitcask_backend, [
         {expiry_secs, 86400},       %% Expire items after one day
         {expiry_grace_time, 3600}
     ]},
     {<<"eleveldb_mult">>, riak_kv_eleveldb_backend, [
     ]}
]},

And if we're re-using bitcask in this way, do we need to specify
anything else, such as different data directories per backend?

Thanks,
Toby