Stats bug in riak 1.3.1

Chris Read chris.read at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 08:26:47 EDT 2013


I've check the 1.3.0 logs (tried the upgrade in our test env with no config
change) and we didn't see it there...

Chris


On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Russell Brown <russell.brown at mac.com> wrote:

> That is indeed a bug. I guess you would have seen it in 1.3.0 too, if you
> called the '/stats/ endpoint.
>
> I've opened an issue here https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/issues/528
>
> Thanks for letting us now, I'll get a patch as soon as I can.
>
> Cheers
>
> Russell
>
> On 5 Apr 2013, at 13:15, Chris Read <chris.read at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings all...
> >
> > It appears I've found a small bug in the stats changes introduced in
> 1.3.1.
> >
> > We don't use protocol buffers at all, but as of 1.3.1 we now see the
> following filling up console.log:
> >
> > 2013-04-05 07:13:05.900 [warning]
> <0.12654.0>@riak_core_stat_q:log_error:123 Failed to calculate stat
> {riak_api,pbc_connects,active} with
> exit:{noproc,{gen_server,call,[riak_api_pb_sup,count_children,infinity]}}
> >
> > The only real problem is that it's spamming the log file, but it's not
> really a warning - it's expected behaviour...
> >
> > Chris
> > _______________________________________________
> > riak-users mailing list
> > riak-users at lists.basho.com
> > http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20130405/6f704c91/attachment.html>


More information about the riak-users mailing list