is it possible to connect to a remote Riak cluster with Riak console

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Fri Apr 5 10:10:28 EDT 2013

Tom,

You can do it like this (assuming -setcookie riak is in your vm.args):

erl -remsh riak@<hostname or ip> -setcookie riak

That will give you an Erlang shell connected to the remote node, but
do note that a few things are different:

1) You should use "Ctrl-G q" to quit the console.
2) You will not receive log messages from lager in the console.
3) If the network becomes bogged down, from load or connectivity
issues, you might have decreased responsiveness from the shell.