Using Fog with Ruby

Christopher Meiklejohn cmeiklejohn at basho.com
Mon Apr 8 19:32:00 EDT 2013

On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Hector Castro wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I believe that you are seeing this error because the `cs_root_host`
> Riak CS configuration option and `:host` (in the script's
> configuration map) are not the same. Once you update `cs_root_host`,
> make sure that you restart Riak CS for the changes to take effect.

Hi Michael,

Another alternative is to configure proxy_port and proxy_host in your Fog connection setup to point to your Riak CS instance, and use the default host of RiakCS which is s3.amazonaws.com.

The reason this is failing is because the host is used to generate the HMAC which authenticates each request.

- Chris

--
Christopher Meiklejohn
Software Engineer