AAE and changing the replication factor

Ryan Zezeski rzezeski at basho.com
Mon Apr 8 21:36:33 EDT 2013

Elias,

Setting the n_val higher should add the missing replicas.  However, setting
lower will currently leave the extra replicas alone.  This was chosen to
err on the side of caution for now.  This would be easy enough to verify
with a riak_test [1] but I don't think we have one at the moment.

-Z

[1]: https://github.com/basho/riak_test